Thank you for your interest in our puppies! We hope some of your questions will be answered by reading below. Please note that once an application is received and accepted, you will be contacted and kept abreast of pregnancies, deliveries and puppy status.
We DNA color test our breeding dogs in order to predict the color of the puppies. Our girls produce primarily creams, apricots, reds, blacks, parti patterns and chocolates. You can expect many of the chocolates to lighten to cafe' au lait and dark reds to lighten to apricot..
The expected size of our pups will be considered mini's to small mediums which generally grow from about 15 to under 20 inches at their shoulders and weigh from about 12 to 38 pounds. Males typically grow a bit taller than the females.
A TIDBIT ABOUT GENERATIONS:
There is lots of talk and confusion about generations. A brief explanation is this: 'F' simply means Filial. An F-1 is the first litter between the mating of a pure Poodle and pure Lab. F-2 and F-3 mean the second and third generation after the foundation parents (first mating) of the Lab and Poodle (and in the case of Australians, any other breed infusions).
(i.e.) Annabelle's American parents were the first generation (F-1), she is the second (F-2) and her pups are the third (F-3 = American Multigen). In the case of F-2B -this means a second generation parent was backcrossed (or bred back to) a Poodle (or other foundation breed) which is what the 'B' represents. I hope that clears things a little.
PUPS ARE HERE, WHAT NOW?
- Once our puppies are born and vet checked, all approved applicants are notified.
- Our males and females are neutered/spayed prior to their adoption. Our mini litters will more than likely be released on contracts.
- Puppies are matched to application requests by our trainer who visits the pups at 7 weeks of age. Although gender and personal preferences are taken into consideration, the personality tests done by my trainer determines placement. You will be notified if your request is not a match from this particular litter and given the choice to wait for the next one if you desire. Our experience has proven that many new owners fall in love with a 'look' rather than a 'match' and pick out a pup that is not suited to them - hence the intervention of a canine professional.
Please note that our pups are placed at nine weeks old and most do not fit under the seat. You must be in the plane with your pup if you use air transport. Too many horror stories about lost pups has convinced me to not take any chances. Plus, it is an opportunity to 'meet and greet' and for you to see the environment your baby has lived under.
If a pup is going on a plane, all buyers must make the arrangements. Please contact your preferred airline and make sure you purchase an 'airline approved crate for cargo or a /Sherpa Bag' for under seat shipment. If you wish me to meet you at the Manchester Airport in Concord, N.H. or the Portland Jetport in Portland, Maine with your puppy, there will be an additional $75.00 charge for Manchester and $50.00 for Portland to be paid prior to shipping.
- Our Puppy Application Form allows us to get to know you (and your family). It is designed with a lot of questions and an area for you to write to us about your family, your type of lifestyle and how you hope your life will be enriched owning a Labradoodle. It also helps us determine if you are ready to spend the time, energy, training and costs associated with raising a puppy to become a well adjusted member of your family.
- We strongly suggest you read our Contract and Health Warranty carefully as it outlines what is covered and the procedures necessary for recovery, if ever necessary. Anyone purchasing a puppy from us will need to sign this form which contains all agreements between each party. This form has been designed to protect seller, buyer and puppy.
*Please note that we DO NOT want a deposit with your application! . When a litter has been born and enough pups are available, I will ask for a $500 deposit payable by personal check made out to ANNABELLE DOODLES OF NEW ENGLAND. We do not accept credit cards or Paypal. The balance of the pup is due when it has been determined which pup is yours by about 8 weeks. I will accept a personal check IF it is received by the posted date; otherwise ONLY cash or a POSTAL MONEY ORDER will be accepted.. No exceptions.
We make every effort to ensure our puppies are the healthiest possible. There are no absolute guarantees, but by health testing our breeding dog extensively and requiring our studs to be free of inherent defects, we do our best to avoid any potential hereditary problems being passed onto the puppies. It must be noted however, that if you allow your dog to become overweight, our guarantee of health will be voided. Overweight dogs are the foremost reason for hip and arthritic problems!
Annabelle Doodles of New England
Breeders of Mini & Medium Labradoodles in Southern Maine