To prevent genetic bottlenecks, our goal is to develop Multigenerational Labradoodles using Australian, American and proven historic breed bloodlines. All our breeding dogs are extensively health tested to the highest degree available. Although preliminary O.F.A. hip scores are fine for determining a possible breeding prospect in your program, an O.F.A. certified score (or PennHip) should be done . We also do annual eye CERF's, Thyroid with the genetic TgAA portion, Blood & Chemical tests along with O.F.A. certified x-rays for Elbows, Patellas, Legg Calves Perthes and Heart. Our breeding dogs must also be free from von Willandbrand Disease either by blood tests or proven parental clearances. Ask to see test scores personally on the official organization's letterhead. Just because a dog is tested, does not mean it passed!
We raise all our litters until they are 10 weeks old. This is so that we can pass on the following benefits to our customers.
- Reports have stated that spaying a female pup at 6 months provides a higher percentage of preventing POSSIBLE urinary issues. Actually, studies show a year is the best time for any neuter/spay procedures. There really is not much of a difference between 9 weeks and 6 months with regard to the benefits done before a year.
FYI: These policies represent a significant savings to you and are in the best health interest of your pup, you and me.
- Eye issues are prevalent in all the breeds that comprise the Labradoodle. I pay to have every one of my puppies eye CERF'd by a professional Canine Ophthalmologist.
FYI: If a problem exists, I know it and so do you. We talk prior to purchase and come to an agreement on how to proceed.
- A professional and certified Animal Behaviorist is hired to assess the litter and match applications to pups.
FYI: Both you and I know that the pup picked for you is the best possible match for temperament, energy and type. It was not based on who put a deposit down first or if one person is getting the 'pick of the litter'. Each of you are getting the pick of the litter for your lifestyle!
- I typically perform Early Neurological Stimulation for 16 days on each pup beginning on its third day of life.
FYI: Utilizing a program designed to provide stimuli to help pups develop a higher ability to deal with life's stresses helps your pup become the best he/she can be.
- There are numerous vet visits with the first being the removal of dew claws and a general health check up at a day old. I welcome the holistic approach to develop a strong immune system in pups. Optimally, that would mean no vaccines before 14 weeks but I also realize that is not always an option for people. Each pup will have their first pup series vaccine at 8 weeks UNLESS I have a client that wishes to wait, please let me know. There will be several parasite checks and normal puppy exams. My preference is to also do single vaccines, but that may not be an option as many pharmaceutical companies do not provide that as an option. Using a holistic vet will offer you a 'gentler and just as effective' vaccine protocol.
FYI: This goes against most traditional vet protocols but I feel is the best course of action to take for a healthy life. The Rabies vaccine should not be given until your pup is 6 months old and not in combination with any other vaccine to prevent a possible reaction and to not overtax the immune system. The choice is obviously yours to make.
- Our dogs and puppies are raised on an organic raw diet along with fresh veggies organic eggs and herbal supplements.
FYI: This is the most time consuming as well as expensive and nutritious diet available. They all thrive and develop beautifully on it.
- I spend lots of time on litter box training and sometimes doggie door training when weather allows. Some basic obedience skills are introduced such as 'sit', 'gentle' and 'no bite'.
FYI: Litter box training is a great benefit to people that live in buildings/cities and have limited yard space. A balcony with a litter box serves very well for a bathroom. Families with children benefit greatly from the bite restraint introduction.
- There are a number of critical periods puppies go through that can affect them forever in a negative way. Keeping and navigating the pups through some of these critical times can prevent phobias from developing.
FYI: This is very valuable for those new owners who have not had the opportunity to work with pups/dogs before. It can prevent a lot of mistakes. Working with a trainer is vital to developing a great companion dog and I require that you take your pup to two completed obedience programs during it's first year. Neglecting to do so voids our contract and warranty!
- Socialization and visits.
FYI: I spend enormous amounts of time scheduling visits for you to meet and play with my dogs and pups. Yes, it does present a risk, but I prefer that my customers see where and how the pups are raised. The benefits far outweigh the risks, as long as my protocal is followed to the letter. I have nothing to hide and the pups and you have everything to gain. Many facilities do not allow any visitors to their premises at all and you just don't really know what kind of environment they were raised in.
Exceptional Customer Service :+)
Temperament speaks volumes. A pup is a reflection of it's parentage. I believe our puppy price is the sum of well tested parents with a clear pedigree; and a clean and solid program. Careful selection of complementary personalities with an exceptional diet and quality vet care are part of this equation. Good confirmation and proof of healthy generations shows strength in our lines. Include environmental stimulation, intro training, socialization, car rides and lots of love and you begin to understand the cost involved in purchasing an Annabelle Doodle. It is not about price - it is about commitment to the development of a quality pet.
- Our price does not include shipping charges. These are extra and done entirely by you, the buyer. To save time for you, I will meet you at either airport for the following additional charges: $75.00 for Manchester Airport in N. H. and $50.00 for Portland Jetport in Portland, Maine. Please note: I do NOT ship puppies! You must fly here and fly with your pup to its home.
Our phone number is (207) 676-5579 (EASTERN TIME ZONE). During the spring and summer months, we are outdoors a lot, so please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible.
The State of Maine has a 5% tax on any pup sold to a Maine resident. This is an additional $125.00 (sorry!) added to the price of your pup.
Regarding Pick-up Schedules:
If you are not able to pick up your pup when it is ready, we do charge an additional $20.00 per day 'puppy care' expense.
Phone (Eastern Time): 207-676-5579
Annabelle Doodles of New England
Breeders of Medium Labradoodles in Southern Maine